Monday, March 24, 2014

Lake Bonham Hoedown

I always enjoy playing music at the Lake Bonham Hoedown.  Last Saturday night was no exception.  My good friends, The Bolton Family, were the special guest for the evening and they asked me to play dobro with them.  A big group of folks from Paris was there to see the show.  As usual, Joan Kelton opens the show with her band, Shades of Bluegrass.  Bill Ogden normally plays bass, but has been out with back problems.  Dallas (sorry I forgot her last name) from Honey Grove Cowboy church played bass for Joan. 
I also introduced a new instrumental to the crowd last Saturday night.  It was written by me and my Sister, Lenora Gauldin.  When she was learning to play upright bass, she told me that she loved the sound of the minor chord.  So, we composed an instrumental in the key of E-minor for the bass and banjo.  Here's a link to a video of "Sister's Minor" that we recorded a few years ago. Click here!
There's nothing like the harmony of a family band, and the beautiful singing of Jeff and Kay was no exception!
If you've never been to the Lake Bonham Hoedown, you should go there sometime and enjoy the show.  Joan and Lee Kelton own and operate the show.  Admission is free (donations are accepted) and there are concessions for those who want a snack.  Here's a map to the Hoedown:
Click on the above picture if you can't read it.  Click on ANY of the pictures to enlarge them!


No comments:

Post a Comment